IQOS is a brand name that falls under the Philip Morris group. If you don't know that name, you should look at a random pack of cigarettes, chances are you will find it on it. The IQOS e-cigarette is an odd man out for electric cigarettes, instead of e-liquid, tobacco is used in this device. The big difference with a normal cigarette is the heating instead of burning.
How does an IQOS e-cigarette work?
This system works on the basis of HEETS tobacco sticks, which are heated in the device to a controlled temperature that stays below 350 degrees Celsius. That is much less than the 800+ degrees Celsius that can reach the tip of a glowing cigarette. By keeping the temperature relatively low, no combustion occurs, but vapors are released from the tobacco for a different kind of smoking experience.
Does this system help you get rid of smoking?
No, the IQOS e-cigarette is not intended to help the user off a nicotine addiction because these substances are still released during the evaporation process. It is primarily a way to eliminate the harmful tar, soot and other substances that are released during combustion, the addictive nicotine is still being inhaled.
Is the IQOS e-cigarette a responsible choice?
The operation of an IQOS e-cigarette lies somewhere between tobacco smoking and e-liquid vapors. Because there is no 0% nicotine version available, we can certainly not call it a responsible choice, the lack of combustion makes it less harmful than a cigarette. For people who cannot stop smoking and for some reason do not want to opt for e-liquids, the IQOS e-cigarette can offer an option. Just don't expect that you can get rid of a smoke addiction with this, unlike other electric cigarettes, this product is not intended.
Important information about IQOS
IQOS is intended for men and women who would otherwise continue to use tobacco or nicotine products. IQOS is not intended for people who have never smoked or who have stopped using tobacco or nicotine. IQOS is not an alternative to stopping tobacco and nicotine use. To benefit from the benefits of IQOS, adult smokers must fully switch to IQOS and quit cigarettes for good.
Tobacco and health consequences
- IQOS is not without risks.
- HEETS tobacco sticks contain nicotine, which is addictive
- The best way to reduce tobacco-related health risks is to completely stop tobacco and nicotine use.
- Nicotine is naturally present in the tobacco used in HEETS tobacco sticks.
- Nicotine is addictive and can cause side effects that are similar to those of other nicotine-containing products, such as headache, nausea or throat irritation.
Stop using HEETS -tobacco sticks and consult a doctor if you experience these symptoms.
- IQOS is not suitable for people with heart problems or diabetics.
- Do not use IQOS during pregnancy or while breastfeeding.
- If you are pregnant, breast-feeding or think you may be pregnant, stop taking tobacco and nicotine immediately and consult a doctor.